I know I’m new at this triple parenting malarkey, but I thought I’d share some insights about having three kids nine months in…
– most people will be shocked that you are expecting a third baby, especially as your second is only 15 months old. The only friends that are truly happy to hear your news are the ones with three or more kids themselves.
– you cannot split yourself in three, fact. It feels like one of your kids is always missing out. Usually the 2yo, and you can already see how middle child syndrome starts.
– baby has to get used to being fed on the go, which means you get into very habits and he is constantly attached to the boob for the first six months of his life.
– baby boy gets boobies all night long, because the second he stirs you whip him out of his cot and put him straight on to keep him quiet and not wake the other two up.
– the previous two points mean that you are completely exhausted come 8pm and fall asleep on the couch most nights halfway through watching 24/Sons of Anarchy/The Good Wife.
– your third baby is basically left to just get on with things, but ends up crawling quicker than his two sisters and is mobile from just 8 months old. Which is typical as it would have been nice to have a late developer this time around!
– people assume you’ll have a fourth, because lets face it one more isn’t going to hurt.
– unless it’s the immaculate conception, there’s no chance of that happening! Breastfeeding a hungry boy all day and all night, and having him sleep in a cot right beside your bed is a wee bit of a sex-life-stopper.
BUT you really wouldn’t have it any other way! Bring on the family of five fun I say 🙂