Paleo sushi? Yes you heard correctly!
Hubby and I are huge fans of Japanese food, and he bought me a very comprehensive sushi making kit a few years back. Once I realised how easy it was to make my own I quickly became hooked and started creating all sorts of random concoctions.
Our girls have both eaten it since they were little, and it’s one of our allergy-friendly back up lunches when we’re out and about. Now that we’re grain free I make sushi without rice, and have to say I enjoy it even more.
Ingredients for two rolls of paleo sushi
100g smoked salmon, chopped up small (or you could buy a packet of finely chopped off-cuts)
half a large avocado, cut into thin strips
2 inch chunk of cucumber, peeled and diced small
2 sheets of nori
– You’ll need a large chopping board, and very sharp knife
– place a sheet of nori on your chopping board
– spread half of your smoked salmon over the top, then sprinkle over half the cucumber. Leave a 1cm gap around all edges
– on the left hand side place a few strips of avocado. I’ve also added some grated beetroot for colour, but it’s purely optional
– wet your hands a little so they are damp, and tightly roll your wrap from left to right
– with your super sharp knife slice your roll into 6-8 pieces and enjoy 🙂