Family Update: April 2015
F @ 14 months
– he can walk all by himself! After months of crawling, cruising and climbing, the wee fella is finally on his own two feet. It’s been wonderful watching him totter around the place, getting more and more confident with each day that passes.
– his new obsession is putting his hands down the toilet. He has a remarkable knack for knowing when he can get away with it, and quick as a flash he is there. Splashing around in the murky water with a look of sheer elation on his face. I feel bad taking his fun away but this is where I draw the laid back parenting line.
– sleep has completely and utterly gone to pieces, and he is up five, six, seven times every night wanting milk. After our holiday to Greece next month I’m taking the boobies away. Sob. He is going to hate me!
C @ 3y 2m
– she is loving nursery and has made lots of little friends. She skips there and skips back beaming her beautiful smile. She doesn’t like the food though, which I’m taking as a massive compliment because she prefers my cooking.
– she started gymnastics ‘my nastics’ after Easter and got stuck straight in. She has been wowing me this week with her downward facing dog and other yoga moves that she’s learnt there.
– she’s much less heavy handed with her brother now, and often they play really nicely together. We got a taste of summer the other day and got the paddling pool out, they had such a fab time splashing around.
P @ 5y 9m
– she really enjoyed the break from school and has found it hard going back. We’ve incentivised the good nights sleeping with 50p in the morning and pancakes for breakfast. She’s always up at least once or twice, but if she goes straight back to sleep she still gets her reward.
– her reading is amazing, and she’s very proud that she’s now on the green books at school. She came out with this the other day which made hubby & I giggle. ‘ When I’m reading my book it’s like the words are speaking in my head.‘
– she is super excited about our forthcoming trip to Greece, and keeps asking if the ‘holiday house’ will have a garden bigger than ours.
Andy & I
– we had a blissful child free day while the folks were on babysitting duty last weekend. It was great to reconnect and recharge the batteries.
– we enjoyed a glorious day out to the Horniman museum on the last day of the Easter holidays. It’s become a little family tradition of ours, we went to The Science Museum on the last day of the Easter hols last year, and the V&A on the last day of the Xmas hols. It’s nice to carry it on.
– we’ve worked our way through Better Call Saul and the Fargo TV Series this month. Gotta love Netflix! Rock n’ roll…